Thursday, September 21, 2006

Episode #20: Review of "Shadow" and "Hell House" Episodes

My episode review of "Shadow" and "Hell House" can be found here.
Show notes:
* Veronica Mars is possessing me!
* The boys will be back in town in one week on the CW!

Legends & References:
SHADOW
1) Carl Jung's shadow archetype
2) Zoroastrianism
3) Daeva
4) Scrying
5) Wind

HELL HOUSE
1) Tulpas
2) Hell Houses
3) Sigil of Sulphur

Fave Quotes:
QUOTES: SHADOW

*Meg: Sam! Is that you? Oh my god! (smiles and goes and hugs him) What are you doing here? Sam: I'm just in town visiting friends. Meg: (looks around) Where are they? Sam: Well... they're not here right now.

*Sam: Yeah, this is... my brother Dean. Meg: Oh, this is Dean. Dean: (smiles) So you've heard of me. Meg: Oh yeah, I've heard of you. Nice... the way you treat your brother like luggage. Dean: (late to react) Sorry?

*Sam: You killed those two people for nothing. Meg: Baby, I'd kill a lot more for a lot less.

QUOTES: HELL HOUSE

*Sam: That was your great idea? To burn the house down? Dean: People won't go in any more.

*Dean: I don't know, Sam. I mean, I hate to agree with authority figures of any kind, but you know, the cops might be right about this one.

*Harry: What are you guys doing here? Dean: What the hell are you doing here? Ed: Uh, we belong here, we're professionals. Dean: Professional what?

*Dean: I thought the legend said the Mordecai only goes after chicks. Sam: It does. Dean: Alright, well I mean that explains why it went after you, but why me?

*Sam: It kinda makes you wonder. Of all the things we've hunted, how many exist just because people believed in them?

The songs of the night, “Sweet Denial...with a taste of revenge” by Stereotactic and “Fight the Sea” by Josh Woodward were provided tonight from the PodShow Podsafe Music Network. Check them out at music.podshow.com.

And a shout out to Social Distortion, one of my favorite bands when I lived in San Diego, and I played a short clip of "Ring of Fire." (Cover of Johnny Cash's legendary song).

Upcoming:
The next podcast will be the Season One Recap and Analysis episode. Email me very soon if you have any questions you would like me to cover.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm a spaz. The audio was on the wrong track. I usually check it before I release it. Sorry for the weirdness. I'll re-post.