Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Episode #22: Review of "In My Time of Dying"

My episode review of "In My Time of Dying" can be found here.

Show notes:
* Reflective demon eyes are distracting
* Dr. Kripke!!
* Sam wasted perfectly good coffee
* More theories about Mary and the Ceiling Demon

Legends & References:
1) Reapers
2) Out of body experience
3) Conjuration
4) Acacia
5) Oil of Abramelin
6) Spirit Board
7) Seal of Saturn/Sigil of Azazel
8) New Age

*Info from wikipedia.org, supernatural.tv, and Super Canon

Fave Quotes:
* Dean: Come on, Sam. Go find some hoodoo priest to lay some mojo on me. I'll be fine. (minutes later) Sam: Look, since the doctors won't do anything, then we'll have to. That's all. I don't know, I'll find some hoodoo priest and lay some mojo on him.
*Tessa: Death is nothing to fear, and you are living on borrowed time already.
*Dean: Have you heard of an out of body experience? Tessa: What are you, some new agey guy? Dean: You see me messing with crystals or listening to Yanni?
*Sam: Dean, you’ve got to hold on. You can’t go man, not now. We are just starting to be brothers again.

Articles:
*'Supernatural' powers may be needed to survive tough time slot By Karla Peterson, SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE

The songs of the night, “This is War” by Flight 409 was provided tonight from the PodShow Podsafe Music Network. Check them out at music.podshow.com.

Upcoming:
The next podcast will discuss Episode #2.02 "Everyone Loves a Clown"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. I'm listening to your podcast right now, and you were discussing why Dean wasn't wearing his amulet. you mentioned earlier that the hospital would have taken his wallet and belongings - that includes all jewelry. his ring was gone as well. he had it back the next episode, so I don't think there was any ulterior motive behind it.

Anonymous said...

Leaving you a message here because I don't think you're getting my emails. Been trying to hook up with you since Friday, sent emails, pinged you on Skype but no response.

JD

shelaghc said...

Hi Ellen
I've been catching up on all your podcasts as I only started watching the show a few weeks ago.

You mentioned in the podcast for this ep that there was a blooper in that while Sam was using the spirit board to talk with Dean, sometimes Dean's hands were on the planchette and sometimes they weren't. I don't believe this was a blooper. The times when we couldn't see Dean's hands were from Sam's POV - Sam couldn't see Dean, so he couldn't see Dean's fingers moving the planchette.

I've been enjoying listening to what you have to say about the eps. Some interesting insights and information about the myths and lore.

Keep up the good work!